Thursday 7 April 2011

Meeting the Market Officer...

Today was the today I could actually get some figures to put on paper to help with my E factor meeting next week. I met up with Linda, the market officer, who I knew from organising last years street party. I told her I had been given 3 different rent rates, and she very quickly put my mind at rest! She gave me a map which showed which plots are currently available and how much they each cost. Matt and I took a wander around and found a good plot for £102pw. She explained that the first 4 weeks rent would be discounted, to give me chance to get word out. As well as this, I dont start paying rent until I actually start trading. In other words, I can sign the contract, and spend a couple of weeks getting it ready, getting stock in, getting a sign done..all the little things.
Todays talk has made me really excited about the project, and it certainly seems achievable! It would be part time, I have confirmed I can take Evie with me to work, and I have been told that I can advertise other businesses so long as they arent the same business line as other market stall holders.
Im going to take another look at the price of stock, (any feedback on what kind of clothing you would like would be great!) keep thinking of a name, and keep all my fingers and toes crossed!

Oh, and the department store that stocked the nursing bras down a narrow rail....still there of course! I was miffed and ready to put in another comment, but hey, if they cant be bothered, why should I? If nothing else, I hope to bring a bit of common sense into the placement of my stock!

Thanks for reading....I'm getting closer to the finish line!

1 comment:

  1. Although I'm not a mummy, I really do think your doing an awesome thing and I hope it works out for you. Certainly seems like you know what your doing x

    ReplyDelete