Saturday 7 May 2011

Am I there yet?!

My goodness, I had no idea how much work goes into setting up a business! Trying to look after Evie as well taking the time to complete research and business plans has certainly been hard the last couple of weeks. Thankfully, with parents on hand, and a great E factor advisor, I've (just about!) managed to stay on top of it all....although when I attended the last meeting, I was handed part 2 of the business plan to complete. An average size business plan to complete for a bank is 3 pages apparently....the E factor one weighs in at a hefty 26! But I am half way through.
I've had a great response so far through survey monkey. Plenty of suggestions and ideas which I will do my best to accomodate for. I have also just printed off a number of surveys to take into places such as the town centre, childrens centre, surgeries....the list is endless. My aim is for 10 responses per place, which doesnt seem as daunting!
Of course the other side of the research I have to complete now is the costings. Sounds simple enough but now I have to consider set up costs - rents, stock, driving/tranport costs (warehouse visits and party plans for example), signage, advertising, cash registers, card payment costs....the list probably goes on!
Of course research is much easier when people actually get back to you. I went to the last meeting with the intention of providing some birth rate details from our local area. After 2 unsuccessful calls to the hospital (which kept transferring to Scunthorpe!), I got in touch with the council. I did eventually get a response, literally 5 minutes before heading in to my meeting! She only had stats from 2009 though, so has said she will try and find and more information for me over the next few days.
I have until May 16th to complete this second part, and then I have a meeting with my bank on the 2nd June.
So, I'm guessing I'll probably be spending a few days with my babysitters....I mean parents before those dates!

In the meantime, If you havent already, please let people know about this blog. Also, if you know anyone who can fill in my survey please direct them to http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/BT7HFTQ
It all helps me!!

No comments:

Post a Comment