Saturday 28 May 2011

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeek!!! Need to practice fluttering my eyelashes....

I was feeling excited.....now I'm freaking out a little! You know those conversations you have with people, saying 'oh yes, thats in a few weeks time'.....hmm....well I've been talking about my bank manager meeting like that and only today, realised that actually I meet him in 6 days. Do I feel ready? Hell no! Typically, the more I try and put together my costings, the more little things that crop up that I will need, slatwalls, pegboards, carrier bags....and who knew a mirror wasnt a straightforward item to price up?! I actually think that when...not if but when...I get this business off the ground, I'll actually have less brain ache.
I do have a couple of unique things up my sleeve. I am hoping to be able to stock items that currently can't be bought in Grimsby, in fact, for one item, not in England yet :) I am also waiting to hear back from a surprise contact who might help me get the edge I need to be different from other places.
So, more than anything, I need to get it all on paper, but of course what has happened? Oh yes, the ink has run out. This whole project is certainly testing my nerves!

Please remember, I appreciate all feedback and suggestions. My intention is to help support mums like myself in nursing their little ones, whatever their confidence level with doing so, and also bring some different maternity styles into the town.

I cant believe that in just 6 days I might have an answer as to when my business is likely to be able to be launched! Well best get my beauty sleep whilst I can! Fingers crossed next time you read this, I'll be a very happy bunny! :D

2 comments:

  1. Gosh, where does the time go!! You seem to be pressing ahead though and getting through each of the stages. It's only a few weeks ago you thought "eeeekkkk, market research" and not that step is done!

    Well done and good luck xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've done amazingly well to get to this stage so quickly. I'm VERY impressed! Keeping fingers and toes crossed for you. Keep us informed :) xXx

    ReplyDelete