Friday 3 June 2011

And the answer from the bank is........

No!!! But ...this is not a bad thing.
The run up to D-day was really stressful for me. I ended up with a cold (still trying to get rid of that!) and a headache that lasted 4 days, which I think was caused by the stress. Trying to research at my house, write it up at Mum and Dads because I dont have the software on my computer, then getting it printed by Matts work was not an easy task either! In the end, I was really happy with the business plan, but really struggled with the cash flow. I decided to take in what I had, stick to being honest, and hoping for help!

So the day of the meeting arrived. And this was the day I realised I didnt have anything to wear that was suitable for a meeting with the bank. All my old clothes dont fit, for obvious reasons, and the bag of clothes recently donated to me were mostly to big...lengthwise! I did after about 45 minutes of tears and tantrums manage to find a dress that hopefully fitted the occasion.
Matt dropped Evie and I off early to make a good impression. Yes, Evie came with me. I had people that could look after her, but I chose to take her with me, as she is the whole reason I am doing this. I want a job to fit my family commitments, so she has to be included in these decisions. Luckily she slept through, and attracted the attention of many cooing employees!
The whole meeting only took half an hour, because the first question asked was how much money I had myself to put in, the answer of which was not a lot....thats why I need to borrow some! This was the point where they decided to inform me that they offer loans on a 50% match basis. Hmm.....strangely enough I didnt have a couple of grand to offer! So, with that there was little point in taking it any further. Its not the end of the road though, as there are other avenues to try first. E factor and Princes Trust are next on my list. Both of which have interest rates that are approximately half that offered by bank, so he has probably actually done me a favour! Oh, and in fact my bank manager is on the panel of E factor, and since he likes my idea and thinks its worth a shot, I hope to see him again soon!

This weekend though, Im taking some time out. Monday, I will get back on the case....but until then, I'm going to relax with the family!

No comments:

Post a Comment